Free Spears and Munsil 2nd Edition High Definition Benchmark disc for calibrating your OPPO worth £29.95 & Free UK delivery.
All players are updated with the latest official firmware and shipped double boxed.
We only ship this player to countries where there is no appointed OPPO dealer.
OPPO BDP-103D with region free DVD for regions: 188.8.131.52.5.6 with automatic region switching. Blu-ray is locked to Zone B. For the Multi Zone Blu-ray version please see here; OPPO BDP-103D Region Free DVD + Multi Zone Blu-ray
OPPO BDP-103D (Darbee Edition) Universal Blu-ray is an evolution of the BDP-103 incorporating the Darbee Visual Presence image enhancement processing and VRS Clear View technology. DarbeeVision and VRS Clear View add a range of powerful video tools to the player and can be customised by the user to enhance and fine tune the picture.
The DarbeeVision processing uses a patented algorithm to enhance video, adding greater perceived sharpness, which creates greater observed depth. It also produces improved contrast ratio, greater shading between dark and light, thus seemingly better blacks and whites.
VRS Clear view technology uses advanced algorithms to improve the image sharpness and video detail, as well as smoothing image edges whilst preserving the finer details.
Features at a Glance
■ Darbee Visual Presence image enhancement processing in real time.
■ 4K Up-scaling for Blu-ray, DVD, and other video.
■ Dual core processor for faster boot-up and faster disc loading times.
■ 2D to 3D Conversion takes standard 2 dimensional picture from a DVD, Blu-ray or other video content and converts it to 3D.
■ Dual HDMI inputs allow connection of external set-top box and benefit from 103’s powerful video and audio processing
■ MHL Input provides easy connection for of smartphones, tablets, or other mobile devices.
■ Improved Streaming applications including Netflix, VUDU, YouTube and Pandora Internet Radio.
In the Box:
■ OPPO BDP-103D Region Free DVD & Zone B Blu-ray player, with 100V~240V Worldwide AC voltage:
■ Remote Control Unit including 2X AA batteries.
■ High Quality 1.8M HDMI cable.
■ Wireless-N adapter
■ IEC mains cable with UK 13 Amp plug.
■ Includes free Spears & Munsil 2nd Edition Benchmark Calibration Disc.
Enhanced Video Quality
- 4K Up-scaling - Enhance the home theatre experience with four times the resolution of Full HD 1080p by up-scaling all video sources to 4K (3840 x 2160) output resolution
- DVD Up-Conversion - Per-pixel motion-adaptive de-interlacing and advanced scaling transform the standard definition image on DVDs to high definition output on your TV.
- Full HD 1080p Output - The BDP-103D features user selectable video output resolutions, including 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and 4K.
- True 24p™ Video - Many Blu-ray Discs are recorded at 24 frames per second, the same frame rate as the original movie's theatrical release. The BDP-103D can faithfully redeliver the original frames using 1080p 24Hz output (compatible display required) for smoother motion and a flicker-free, film-like home theater experience. It can also restore the original 24 frames per second progressive-scan video from well-authored DVDs and output 1080p 24Hz.
- Source Direct Mode - For users who wish to use an external video processor, the BDP-103D offers a "Source Direct" mode. The original audio/video content on the discs is sent out with no additional processing or alteration.
- Multiple Zoom Modes - The BDP-103D supports multiple levels of aspect ratio control and image zooming. Users can watch a movie in its original aspect ratio, fit to the full screen, or zoom in to remove the black bars on some titles.
- Vertical Stretch Mode - For customers with a 2.35:1 CIH (Constant Image Height) display system, the player's zoom options include a vertical stretch mode to work nicely with an anamorphic lens. A unique subtitle shift feature allows the user to move the subtitle up and down, making it possible to see all subtitle text when using a 2.35:1 CIH display.
- Advanced Picture Control - Users can have fine control of brightness, contrast, saturation, hue, sharpness, noise reduction, color and contrast enhancements. The player can remember and apply three custom picture control modes to suit a variety of viewing conditions and content types.
High Fidelity Audio
- Dolby® TrueHD - Dolby TrueHD delivers lossless studio master quality audio designed specifically for high definition entertainment. The BDP-103D supports bit-stream output of Dolby TrueHD via its HDMI 1.4a output. It can also internally decode Dolby TrueHD into LPCM and output via HDMI or the 7.1ch analogue audio output terminals. Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus audio formats are also supported.
- DTS-HD Master Audio™- DTS-HD Master Audio delivers an auditory experience that matches the lifelike images of high-definition video with up to 7.1 channels that are bit-for-bit identical to the studio master. The BDP-103D supports bit-stream output of DTS-HD Master Audio. It can also internally decode DTS-HD Master Audio and output via HDMI or the 7.1ch analog audio output terminals. (DTS-HD High Resolution Audio and DTS Digital Surround are also supported.)
- 7.1-Channel Analogue Output - Individual analog 7.1-channel surround outputs are ideal to connect to a 7.1-channel or 5.1-channel surround sound system. The BDP-103D delivers an incredible sound stage and an immersive surround experience. For users with stereo speakers, the 7.1-channel analogue output can be configured to a stereo down-mix mode.
- Digital Optical and Coaxial Outputs- For simple and easy connection to more traditional A/V receivers, the BDP-103D features both optical and coaxial outputs for digital audio.
- Rigid Chassis Construction - Built around a steel chassis, aluminium faceplate, and center-mounted disc loader, the BDP-103D is designed to impress as well as to provide a stable base for the highest quality reproduction of your favorite media.
OPPO BDP-103D Universal Blu-ray Disc Player Specification:
Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
Disc Types* BD-Video, Blu-ray 3D, DVD-Video, DVD-Audio, AVCHD, SACD, CD, HDCD, Kodak Picture CD, CD-R/RW, DVD±R/RW, DVD±R DL, BD-R/RE
BD Profile BD-ROM Version 2.5 Profile 5 (also compatible with Profile 1 Version 1.0 and 1.1)
Internal Storage 1GB (Actual space available for persistent storage varies due to system usage)
Output Analogue Audio: 7.1ch, 5.1ch, stereo.
Coaxial/Optical Audio: up to 2ch/192kHz PCM, Dolby Digital, DTS.
HDMI Audio: up to 7.1ch/192kHz PCM, up to 5.1ch DSD, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS, DTS-HD High Resolution and DTS-HD Master Audio.
HDMI Video: 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p/1080p24/4Kx2K, 3D frame-packing 720p/1080p24.
Input HDMI Audio: up to 5.1ch/192kHz or 7.1ch/96kHz PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS and AAC.
HDMI Video: 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p/1080p24/1080p25/1080p30, 3D frame-packing 720p/1080p24.
MHL Audio: up to 5.1ch/192kHz PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS.
MHL Video: 480i/480p/576i/576p/720p/1080i/1080p24/1080p25/1080p30, 3D frame-packing 720p/1080p24.
Audio Characteristics** Frequency: 20Hz – 20kHz (±0.05dB), 20Hz – 96kHz (-4.5dB ~ +0.05dB)
Signal-to-Noise Ratio: >115dB (A-weighted)
THD+N: < 0.006% (1kHz at 0dBFS, 20kHz LPF)
General Specification Power Supply: ~ 100V - 240V, 50/60Hz AC
Power Consumption: 35W (Standby: 0.5W in Energy Efficient Mode)
Dimensions: w430mm x d311mm x h79mm
Operating Temperature 5°C - 35°C
Operating Humidity 15% - 75%
* Compatibility with user-encoded contents or user-created discs is on a best-effort basis with no guarantee due to the variation of media, software and techniques used.
The differences between the OPPO BDP-103D and the OPPO BDP-103EU
The main difference between the BDP-103EU and BDP-103D is the BDP-103D's incorporation of the Darbee Visual Presence processor. The BDP-103EU is a reference quality Blu-ray Disc player and has won numerous awards. The BDP-103D is based on the BDP-103EU and shares most of the same features.
The Darbee processor is a video enhancer that provides greater clarity and increases the perception of depth by embedding stereoscopic depth cues within the video, resulting in a more dynamic, lifelike experience. The Darbee's processing level is adjustable, which allows you to customise it to your particular taste. Unlike many other image enhancers or sharpeners, the Darbee processor does not alter the image in a global fashion, so it is able to reduce the amount of image artifacts that are created, and it does not adversely affect calibrated settings such as contrast, gamma, and colour. The original BDP-103EU is known for its accuracy in reproducing video from all kinds of discs. The BDP-103D takes one step beyond reference quality accuracy.
When the Darbee Visual Presence enhancement is turned off, it is a reference quality player just like the BDP-103EU. When the Darbee Visual Presence enhancement is turned on, the user has the option to fine tune the video to his/her own liking. In summary, if you are looking for a quality player that accurately reproduces video, the BDP-103EU is the right choice; if you are looking for a more customised experience beyond standard picture adjustments, the BDP-103D provides additional possibilities to fine tune your viewing experience.